Pages

Saturday, August 20, 2011

The Cure For Insomnia


Before I had my baby, I knew that it would be a lot of work and many sleepless nights. I felt lucky that I've always been an insomniac so it would be easy to stay up.
I did not however, take into account that I'd be wiped out during the day! I wont put him down in a swing or bouncy seat if he does not want me to (which is always) so I wear him. I believe it wouldn't be so bad if I could walk around normally but my injured knee is unable to bend so I have to put more effort into walking.

So in the middle of the night he thinks it's play time and so as not to wake up husband, I drag myself out of bed and we go into his room to rock in the glider and read books. He gets hungry so I hobble quickly back to bed and get comfortable to nurse, excited that I'm about to fall asleep again. A whole 30 minutes later he's back awake and ready to play again. Back we go into is room to read more books and rock. As I'm reading with one eye closed, I get a tiny hand in my face. I look down to a huge gummy smile and I can't help but laugh. After a while, he decides it's time to sleep again so I stagger back to bed.

We do this over and over until it's time to get up. I think parenting is the cure for insomnia.

Why can't I nap when he does?? Is there such a thing as daytime insomnia?



Baby J sleeping peacefully in his Maya Wrap ring sling.

No comments:

Post a Comment